- The EQ Edge: Emotional Intelligence and Your Success, written by Steven J. Stein and Howard E. Book
- EQ-i 2.0 Training Aids
- EQ-i 2.0 Assessment (and personal debrief)
- EQ-i 2.0 Assessment (for future administration)
- Participant Guide including EQ-i 2.0 Technical Data
Emotional intelligence is a critical skill needed for individuals to effectively manage employees and lead organizations.
This practical training program will provide participants with the tools and strategies to administer and debrief emotional intelligence assessments and design and deliver emotional intelligence training programs.
CERTIFICATION can enhance
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Define, understand, and demonstrate an awareness of emotional intelligence
- Recognize the personal and professional implications of emotional intelligence as it relates to relationship building, decision making, team dynamics, and stress management
- Administer and debrief EQ-i 2.0 assessment tool
- Apply strategies and techniques for enhancing emotional intelligence
Pre-Work: Introduction to Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Completion of EQ-i-2.0 assessment
- Self-paced online videos- introduction to emotional intelligence and EQ-i 2.0 assessment tool
Topic 1: Interpretation & Debrief
- Review of EQ-i 2.0 assessment tool
- Introduction to Interpretation and Debrief Methods
Topic 2: Debrief & Interpretation Practice Coaching, Mentoring, & Teaching
- Coaching & Mentoring Strategies
- Designing and Delivering EQ Workshops/Trainings
Topic 3: Debrief & Coaching Methods
- Self-Perception & Self-Expression
- Interpersonal & Decision Making
- Stress Management & Well-Being
Post-Work: Certification Exam
- Completion of certification exam and individual debrief
- The program is designed for individual participation; therefore, please do not share a computer or workspace with another person during this workshop. Participants completing this training will receive an emotional intelligence certification and are eligible to receive 16.0 CEU or SHRM PDC credits.
- Participation in all online or face-to-face sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and any applicable credits. In addition to full participation, participants must complete the post course evaluation to receive the completion certificate.
- A laptop or desktop with internet connectivity is required for the online version of this training. It is not recommended that a phone, tablet, or iPad is used in lieu of a laptop or desktop.
PRE-, INTERSESSION, & POST-WORK
- Pre-Work: Prior to the start of the live sessions, participants are required to watch three pre-recorded modules and complete a quiz. The purpose of the quiz is to assess learning while also informing the instructor of concepts that may need reinforcing. A passing grade of 80% or above is required to receive a certificate of completion and if participants do not achieve a passing grade of 80% or above, a second attempt will be provided. Additionally, participants will complete the EQ-i 2.0 assessment tool and receive an individual debrief session of the results.
- Intersession Work: Participants will be provided with additional reading material to reinforce the concepts presented during the live training sessions. Participants are expected to be prepared to discuss the articles during the following live sessions.
- Post-Work: Upon completion of the live sessions, participants are required to complete an exam to demonstrate their proficiency of knowledge about emotional intelligence and the EQ-i 2.0 assessment tool. Exam details and preparation resources will be provided during the live training sessions. A passing grade of 80% or above is required to receive a certificate of completion and if participants do not achieve a passing grade of 80% or above, a second attempt will be provided.
Dr. Melissa Furman, MS, DBA
Dr. Melissa Furman’s passion for guiding individuals with career, professional, and leadership development inspired her to launch Career Potential to help individuals achieve and organizations succeed. As the owner and founder of Career Potential, Dr. Furman provides consulting and delivers highly engaging and interactive training sessions.
Dr. Furman previously served as the assistant dean and currently serves as a faculty member at the James M. Hull College of Business at Augusta University in Augusta, Georgia and with the Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE)-Savannah Campus. Her research includes generational diversity, unconscious bias, career and leadership development, emotional intelligence, and assisting technical professionals transition into management roles.
With 20 years of academic training and experience, Dr. Furman is known as a subject matter expert and provides a knowledge of diverse learning styles. Using modern techniques and technology she delivers engaging, relatable content. She offers organizational consulting services to corporate, non-profit, and government organizations, as well as serves as a speaker at state, national, and international conferences.
Dr. Furman obtained her Doctorate of Business degree and Masters of Science degree in Professional Counseling from Georgia State University and her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Susquehanna University. She is a National Certified Counselor (NCC) and has obtained multiple certifications to be able to administer assessment tools that measure behavioral styles, emotional intelligence, leadership development, and career development to name a few.
Dr. Furman was recently awarded “Faculty Member of the Year” by the Augusta University Student Government Association, designated as a “Top 10 in 10 Young Professional to Watch” by the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce, and nominated for Georgia Trend Magazine’s “Top 40 under 40”.
Krista S. Sheets
Krista has been creating ROP = Return on People™ for clients since 1997. Her approach equips team leaders with a set of powerful objective tools that yield measurable results. Her companies are trusted by Financial Professionals, Government Agencies, and corporations of all sizes. Together they develop team performance strategies to unlock growth potential and fine-tune the intra-team dynamics needed for success.
Growing up in an entrepreneurial family, Krista realized from an early age that people were an organization’s greatest asset. This perspective led her to become a respected expert in the behavioral and motivational elements that can make or break a team. Part mentor, part team architect, Krista shows clients how to apply assessment tools and organizational best practices to consistently produce highly-engaged and high-performing teams.
Krista speaks frequently at industry conferences and discussion panels. She often contributes articles and interviews to trade publications and co-authored the book, “Know Service – 5 Steps to 5-Star Service for Financial Professionals.”
As President of Competitive Edge, Inc., Krista sets corporate strategy, develops partnerships, and engages clients as the company’s lead trainer.